Quick Info - Travelling from India to Maasai Mara
The greatest shows on earth and a once in a lifetime experience to view it up close and in person. This is what Amboseli, Lake Nakuru, Maasai Mara Photo tour is all about. Great migration on a 4×4 Land Cruiser in the open Savannah’s is a dream come true.
About The Tour
Kenya, is undoubtedly one of the best wildlife destinations in the world. It has some of the world’s most famous game reserves and national parks. But of all the reserves, Masai Mara, boasts of an astonishing amount of game. Without any physical boundaries, the Mara is virtually bounded in the east by the Ngama Hills and in the west by the Oloololo or Siria Escarpment. Gazelle, wildebeest and zebra graze in large numbers and where prey is found so are predators. Not only is this a great place in which to find game, but also the wide greeny-gold savannahs spotted with thorn trees make it ideal for photography. The Mara, as it is known in Kenya, is ravishingly beautiful and also offers long, undisturbed views and utterly dramatic panoramas. The weather really means something here. The sun may beat down unforgivingly, huge clouds in fabulous shapes may sweep across the widest of skies, and the wind ripples the grasses as though they are stroked by a giant hand. The landscape is stunning.
The famous black-maned Alpha male Mara lions are possibly the stars of the Mara show, but cheetah, elephant, kongoni, topi, Thompson’s gazelle, waterbuck, hyena, and primates are all here in abundance. As with the rest of Kenya, the birding is good. There is no settlement within the reserve however; the Mara is in theory owned by the Maasai, pastoralists and, in earlier times, renowned lion-killers. Lodges and hotels offer the opportunity to buy their beadwork, checked cloths and copies of their spears. It is said that if lions scent approaching Maasai on the breeze they move swiftly in the opposite direction.
- Travelling from India to Maasai Mara or Africa has many easy options.
- Direct flights from Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru airport to Nairobi, Kenya
- Nairobi to Maasai Mara – By road in a 4×4 Land cruiser, Approx 6 hrs drive. Enroute we witness the great Rift Valley.
- Enter the reserve by evening.
- Flight combinations: *(Not in the package)
- Mumbai to Nairobi : Kenya Airways (KQ-205), Depart: 06:45 hrs, Arrive: 10:30 hrs.
- Nairobi to Mumbai, Kenya Airways KQ-204, Depart: 20:50 hrs, Arrive: 05:35 hrs (next day morning)
- The greatest show on earth – The Great Migration.
- Hands on training in field.
- 5 days and 4 nights of African wilderness in peak season.
- Arrival and departure airport transfers
- Accommodation at a comfortable resort.
- All meals as mentioned in itinerary
- All game drives as per itinerary
- Off Roading permit
- All park entrance fees
- Safari in 4 x 4 Open Land Cruiser
- Services of a qualified English Speaking Driver Guide
- Photographic guidance.
- 1 Litre bottle of mineral water per person per day while on a road safari in a Private vehicle
- Return flight tickets
- Visa and immigration charges
- Mediclaim, Vaccinations etc
- Any food of special preference other than that in the menu.
- Equipment charges
- Last day lunch at Nairobi.
- Cost of foreign exchange for personal expenses.
- Anything that is not mentioned in the “Tour Inclusion”
Things to carry
- A full frame/crop sensor camera body. (Point and shoot cameras will also work)
- Telephoto lens: 300mm and above
- Wide angle lens: 24mm or less
- Bedsheets or jackets.
- Good pair of shoes.
After breakfast in your hotel in Nairobi pick up your professional guide and depart the Nairobi region for Maasai mara with lunch en route. We drive through the dramatic Great Rift Valley with a brief stop at the Great Rift Valley viewpoint where you will have a chance to take photos with a great view of the valley proceed to the Maasai Mara National Reserve lunch at Narok town, This enormous reserve is actually part of the vast Serengeti plains famously known for its spectacular great wildebeest’s migration and is home of the Big Five: Lion, Elephant, Leopard, Buffalo, and Rhino. On arrival proceed for an evening game drive, tracking various animal species and birds with your driver/guide. Dinner and overnight at camp.
After breakfast, you will depart with picnic lunch boxes for a full-day game viewing in the Masai Mara Game Reserve. A Masai Mara safari is an unmissable highlight of any holiday in Kenya holiday. There are breathtaking panoramas in every direction, a vast range of wildlife including the Big Five, and a rich cultural heritage to explore. Kenya’s Masai Mara is, without a doubt, one of the greatest safari destinations in Africa. Between July and October, things get busy in the Great Migration. Millions of zebra and wildebeest make the perilous crossing across the Masai Mara in search of new grazing territory. And in their wake comes a veritable horde of predators including lion and leopard. Our guide will make sure that you get the best photographic opportunities as well as enrich you with the different amazing cultural practices of the local communities of Maasai people Dinner and overnight lodge/camp
Early morning pre-breakfast game drive. After breakfast, depart the Mara region for Nakuru, lunch en route, with scenic views of Mt. Longmont and Lake Naivasha from afar on the main highway. You will arrive in the evening and be dropped off at the hotel for dinner and overnight at the budget hotel with self-contained rooms.
After breakfast proceeds on a game drive in Lake Nakuru Park, known for its prolific birdlife including flamingos. The park contains a sanctuary for the conservation of the white rhino while species like Cape buffalo and waterbuck can be seen near the shoreline. Later you will drive to Amboseli National Park. Dinner and overnight will be at the camp.
A day of game drives in this park which contains swamp grounds, bathing elephants, and hippos. A variety of plains games, antelopes, birds, and Mt. Kilimanjaro’s peak can be seen if weather conditions permit. We will cater picnic lunches and then return overnight to the camp with a bed, bedding, hot showers, electricity, mosquito nets, and dinner.
Early Breakfast We will set off early to see the magnificent view of Mount Kilimanjaro and set off for another extensive game drive before the clouds build up over the summit. Amboseli is an excellent place to view a multitude of wildlife such as Wildebeest, and Giraffes, later leave Amboseli park for Nairobi with a Picnic lunch served en route arriving in Nairobi late afternoon you will be dropped at the airport for your flight.
Bid farewell to your guide with a promise to join us on another adventure!
$2,400 per person. INR equivalent of $ 2,400 per person to be paid at the time of booking.
- All cancellations before 30 days of the event date – 80% credit
- All cancellations between 20 – 30 days of the event date – 50% credit
- All cancellations within 20 days of the event date – No credit possible
If you need a single occupancy, we can surely provide but with an additional cost. Please drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We believe that every one is a photographer. Even with a mobile phone we can make good images. Our tour is emphasised to help you gather the knowledge of creating good images.