Keoladeo National Park is a vast bird sanctuary and former royal game reserve in the north Indian state of Rajasthan. South of the ancient city of Bharatpur, the park’s woods and man-made wetlands protect over 350 species of migratory and resident birds, including herons, cormorants and eagles. To the southeast, Fatehpur Sikri is home to sandstone temples and a mosque, built by Emperor Akbar in the 16th century.
About The Tour
Bharatpur is the only sanctuary in India where one can travel on foot, on a cycle or a rickshaw. It is the only place where motor vehicles are strictly prohibited. Once inside the park it is a heaven. With lots of activities around the place, it is a birder’s heaven and Bharatpur gives every photographer numerous chances to make great images. We will travel mostly on rickshaw along with an expert guide (who is the rickshaw driver him self). They have settled here since ages and birding is in their DNA. The knowledge of birds and their behaviour are commendable.
- Direct flights from Mumbai, Bengaluru airport to Jaipur or Delhi
- 2-3 hrs from Jaipur or Delhi.
- If opting for a train, the nearest station is Jaipur.
- Full day photography in the sanctuary.
- Hands on training in field.
- 4 days and 3 nights.
- Arrival and departure airport transfers
- Accommodation at a comfortable resort.
- All meals as mentioned in itinerary
- All game drives as per itinerary
- All park entrance fees
- Photographic guidance.
- 1 Litre bottle of mineral water per person per day .
- Return flight tickets
- Mediclaim, Vaccinations etc
- Any food of special preference other than that in the menu.
- Equipment charges
- Last day lunch at Bharatpur
- Rickshaw charges, Guide charges or any tips
- Anything that is not mentioned in the “Tour Inclusion”
Things to carry
- A full frame/crop sensor camera body. (Point and shoot cameras will also work)
- Telephoto lens: 300mm and above
- Wide angle lens: 24mm or less
- Bedsheets or jackets.
- Good pair of shoes.
- Winter clothing.
We advise you to reach Bharatpur before 8 am of day 1. As you reach and checkin, freshen up and enjoy a cup of hot coffee before we start the day. The cycle rickshaw drivers will wait for you to get ready and move out towards the gates of Bharatpur. Explore the entire topography of the area. You will have unlimited opportunities to click fantastic photographs. On field, our expert will hand hold and conduct on field training session on tips and tricks of bird photography. We will have packed lunch on field and then again proceed for evening photography session. Back in the resort in the evening, we will have a discussion over small bon fire on wildlife photography and review the bird list, which will be possible to photograph over a period of the next 2 – 3 days.
The day starts very early in the morning. Photography is primarily on foot. You can however, opt to keep a rickshaw with you (by paying an extra cost). Keoladeo park is popularly known as ‘bird paradise’. Over 400 bird species have been recorded in the park. The park’s flora consists of 379 species of flowering plants of which 96 are wetland species. Mammalian fauna of KNP is equally rich with 27 identified species. Herpetofauna (Amphibians & Reptiles) of KNP is very rich. Out of the 10 species of turtles that are seen in Rajasthan , 7 are present in the park. There are 5 lizards species, 13 snakes species & 7 species of Amphibians. We will get packed lunch served on field and then proceed for evening session of photography. The sunset hours are not to be missed, which offer excellent photographic opportunities.
Checkout as per the return travel plan of individual participants.
INR 22,550 per person
- All cancellations before 30 days of the event date – 80% credit
- All cancellations between 20 – 30 days of the event date – 50% credit
- All cancellations within 20 days of the event date – No credit possible
If you need a single occupancy, we can surely provide but with an additional cost. Please drop an email at email@example.com
We believe that every one is a photographer. Even with a mobile phone we can make good images. Our tour is emphasised to help you gather the knowledge of creating good images.