Quick Info - Travelling from India to Maasai Mara
The greatest shows on earth and a once in a lifetime experience to view it up close and in person. This is what Maasai Mara Photo tour is all about. Great migration on a 4×4 Land Cruiser in the open Savannah’s is a dream come true.
About The Tour
Kenya, is undoubtedly one of the best wildlife destinations in the world. It has some of the world’s most famous game reserves and national parks. But of all the reserves, Masai Mara, boasts of an astonishing amount of game. Without any physical boundaries, the Mara is virtually bounded in the east by the Ngama Hills and in the west by the Oloololo or Siria Escarpment. Gazelle, wildebeest and zebra graze in large numbers and where prey is found so are predators. Not only is this a great place in which to find game, but also the wide greeny-gold savannahs spotted with thorn trees make it ideal for photography. The Mara, as it is known in Kenya, is ravishingly beautiful and also offers long, undisturbed views and utterly dramatic panoramas. The weather really means something here. The sun may beat down unforgivingly, huge clouds in fabulous shapes may sweep across the widest of skies, and the wind ripples the grasses as though they are stroked by a giant hand. The landscape is stunning.
The famous black-maned Alpha male Mara lions are possibly the stars of the Mara show, but cheetah, elephant, kongoni, topi, Thompson’s gazelle, waterbuck, hyena, and primates are all here in abundance. As with the rest of Kenya, the birding is good. There is no settlement within the reserve however; the Mara is in theory owned by the Maasai, pastoralists and, in earlier times, renowned lion-killers. Lodges and hotels offer the opportunity to buy their beadwork, checked cloths and copies of their spears. It is said that if lions scent approaching Maasai on the breeze they move swiftly in the opposite direction.
- Direct flights from Mumbai, Delhi, Bengaluru airport to Nairobi, Kenya
- Nairobi to Maasai Mara – By road in a 4×4 Land cruiser, Approx 6 hrs drive. Enroute we witness the great Rift Valley.
- Enter the reserve by evening.
- Flight combinations: *(Not in the package)
- Mumbai to Nairobi : Kenya Airways (KQ-205), Depart: 06:45 hrs, Arrive: 10:30 hrs.
- Nairobi to Mumbai, Kenya Airways KQ-204, Depart: 20:50 hrs, Arrive: 05:35 hrs (next day morning)
- The greatest show on earth – The Great Migration.
- Hands on training in field.
- 5 days and 4 nights of African wilderness.
- Arrival and departure airport transfers.
- Accommodation at a comfortable resort.
- All meals as mentioned in itinerary.
- All game drives as per itinerary.
- Off Roading permit.
- All park entrance fees.
- Safari in 4 x 4 Open Land Cruiser.
- Services of a qualified English Speaking Driver Guide – Gold Level Guide
- Photographic guidance.
- 2 Litre bottle of mineral water per person per day while on a road safari in a Private vehicle
- Return flight tickets
- Visa and immigration charges
- Mediclaim, Vaccinations etc
- Any food of special preference other than that in the menu.
- Equipment charges
- Last day lunch at Nairobi.
- Cost of foreign exchange for personal expenses.
- Anything that is not mentioned in the “Tour Inclusion”
Things to carry
- A full frame/crop sensor camera body. (Point and shoot cameras will also work)
- Telephoto lens: 300mm and above
- Wide angle lens: 24mm or less
- Bedsheets / jackets/ raincoat
- Good pair of shoes.
Arrive at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport Nairobi in the morning, as per the suggested airlines, where you will be met after clearing with immigrations formalities and briefed about your safari. We will be driving straight to Masai Mara, the Mecca for wildlife photographers. As soon as you arrive at Mara, the adventure begins. Enjoy an enthralling game-viewing drive as you approach your resort which is situated inside the park. Spotting lions, cheetahs and other spectacular predators is the highlight of your day. This evening, enjoy a sumptuous dinner at your Lodge/Camp.
After breakfast, proceed on a full-day game-viewing drive to search for the myriad species of game that make this reserve their home. If you are lucky, you can witness the kill in action, moment by moment, right in front of your eyes! Migration season is the best tine to expect the ace predators of Mara hunting on the Wildebeests, the crocodiles in the river and the prides of Lions in the Savanna. We will be driving upto the Mara river to witness the spectacular migration of millions of wildebeests crossing the Mara river. We will be carrying packed lunches so that we don’t need to return of the lodge in between. Post lunch, continue with the game drive. Expect to see the famous ‘Big 5’.
We will leave for Nairobi by morning to catch our return flight. You will be transferred to the airport for you flight 3 hrs prior to flight departure time.
$2,199 per person.
INR equivalent of $ 2,199 per person to be paid at the time of booking.
- All cancellations before 30 days of the event date – 80% credit
- All cancellations between 20 – 30 days of the event date – 50% credit
- All cancellations within 20 days of the event date – No credit possible
If you need a single occupancy, we can surely provide but with an additional cost. Please drop an email at email@example.com
We believe that every one is a photographer. Even with a mobile phone we can make good images. Our tour is emphasised to help you gather the knowledge of creating good images.