Ranthambore National Park is a vast wildlife reserve near the town of Sawai Madhopur in Rajasthan, northern India. It is a former royal hunting ground and home to tigers, leopards and marsh crocodiles. Its landmarks include the imposing 10th-century Ranthambore Fort, on a hilltop, and the Ganesh Mandir temple. Also in the park, Padam Talao Lake is known for its abundance of water lilies.
About The Tour
Nestled amidst mountains and bound by the rivers Chambal and Banas lies the land of tigers commonly known to be Ranthambore National Park. The picturesque forests of Ranthambore are India’s largest dry deciduous forests. Couple that with the easy sightings of the majestic royal Bengal tiger and you have what is easily one of the best destinations for any wildlife photographer to visit.
There is a beautiful irony in the fact that the vast expansive lands of Ranthambore were once the famous hunting grounds of the Maharajas of Jaipur. Dotted with ancient ruins of empires that once were, Ranthambore is also home to a variety of fauna, such as leopards, caracals, rusty spotted-cats, sambars, sloth bears, jackals and many more. It is also host to rich avian life such as vultures, partridges, sand grouses and more.
The famous black-maned Alpha male Mara lions are possibly the stars of the Mara show, but cheetah, elephant, kongoni, topi, Thompson’s gazelle, waterbuck, hyena, and primates are all here in abundance. As with the rest of Kenya, the birding is good. There is no settlement within the reserve however; the Mara is in theory owned by the Maasai, pastoralists and, in earlier times, renowned lion-killers. Lodges and hotels offer the opportunity to buy their beadwork, checked cloths and copies of their spears. It is said that if lions scent approaching Maasai on the breeze they move swiftly in the opposite direction.
- Direct flights from Mumbai, Bengaluru airport to Jaipur or Delhi
- 2-3 hrs from Jaipur or Delhi.
- Landscape and wildlife is what makes Ranthambhore special.
- Hands on training in field.
- 5 days and 4 nights.
- Arrival and departure airport transfers
- Accommodation at a comfortable resort.
- All meals as mentioned in itinerary
- All game drives as per itinerary
- All park entrance fees
- Photographic guidance.
- 1 Litre bottle of mineral water per person per day while on a road safari in a Private vehicle
- Return flight tickets
- Mediclaim, Vaccinations etc
- Any food of special preference other than that in the menu.
- Equipment charges
- Last day lunch at Sawai Madhopur.
- Anything that is not mentioned in the “Tour Inclusion”
Things to carry
- A full frame/crop sensor camera body. (Point and shoot cameras will also work)
- Telephoto lens: 300mm and above
- Wide angle lens: 24mm or less
- Bedsheets or jackets.
- Good pair of shoes.
- Winter clothing.
With great excitement for the next four days, we arrive in Ranthambhore and check in to the hotel. After a round of mutual introduction, we proceed to the first safari.
We will be doing our safari in one of the 10 zones in Ranthambhore. These permits has to be booked well in advance and we will try and book the zones that we think will give us good photo opportunities.
Ranthambhore has 10 different zones and we will try and visit Zone 1 to 5 on most of the days. The safari timings are from 6.30am till 9.30am and again at 3.30pm till 6.30pm. We will get back for breakfast after the morning safari and depart after lunch.
Each zone is scenic and has multiple tigers. We will try and maximise our sightings by trying out different zones.
We will try our luck one last time and after our safari we get back to the lodge, have our breakfast and take the cab back to Jaipur airport or the closest railway station based on what you all have booked for yourselves.
INR 38,500 per person
- All cancellations before 30 days of the event date – 80% credit
- All cancellations between 20 – 30 days of the event date – 50% credit
- All cancellations within 20 days of the event date – No credit possible
If you need a single occupancy, we can surely provide but with an additional cost. Please drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We believe that every one is a photographer. Even with a mobile phone we can make good images. Our tour is emphasised to help you gather the knowledge of creating good images.